Sunday, March 18, 2012

1988

Our eyes met
in a crowd
through darkness
writhing bodies
loud music.
Hers bright
with youth
not innocence
but vitality
excitement
readiness.
Perhaps our height
drew our gaze together
perhaps
something else.

Over the wailing guitar
only a handful of words
spoken
but volumes
heard
She slid in front of me
moving to the music
gently pushing back
into me
lightly touched my hand
moving it
to her hip
I pulled her in
The nape of her neck
filling my nose
with her scent
her skin smooth
soft
on my lips.

Intoxicated
by cheap beer
and each other
we fell together
easily
knowingly
like familiar lovers.
the music
our friends
faded into the background
as we became aware
of nothing
but the present.

I unwrapped her delicate form
its beauty shining
even in the darkness
of my room
experienced it
in awe
indebted
as if an artist
had just revealed
their most sacred work.
I lavished adoration
with hands
lips
words.

Exhausted
wrapped in each other
drifting
into sleep
I implore her
embrace your youth
revel 
in your beauty
use it
without hesitation
or guilt
appreciate that
like this moment
it is perfect
and 
cannot last.

No comments: