Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paradise


I sit
in Paradise
warm wind
flowing
across my crimsoning skin
sound of waves
crashing
on the perfect beach
rhythmically massaging
my soul
Content.

And still
I think of you
and somehow feel
even more so.
Surrounded by barely clothed
beautiful women
I don't forget you
but instead
think of you more
wish that you were here
in their place
realize
I would gladly trade them all
for you
to be here
laying in the warm sun
smiling at me.

Blind sided
by this feeling
I barely know you
but I know
something
sets you apart
something
makes me not
want to look
further
makes me smile
thinking of you.

I could be wrong
about all of this
the path may lead
to nowhere
just as before.
But I can't
won't
be afraid
I have to try
to know.
Though it could
break my heart
it could be
Paradise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite.